Welcome to Bestow—your gateway to quality life insurance. Protecting your privacy is important to us, and we want you to know how we collect, use and protect your information that we collect through our website and Services.
How we collect and use information
We may collect certain personal information from you when you use our Service, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, and driver’s license or state identification number.
We may collect other information through our Service or third parties, including information about your employment, your financial information, your medical history, your existing life insurance coverages, and other information that may be required by life insurance companies to decide whether to issue a policy to you.
We may use information we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- For general business purposes, such as establishing and administering your policy or account and providing customer support;
- To evaluate your eligibility for, and to provide you with, products or services that you have requested as authorized;
- To verify your identity to provide you with access to certain areas and features of our website;
- To communicate current information regarding our Service, and your policies and accounts, including changes to terms and conditions;
- To develop new products and services and to analyze the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- To deliver communications and material that we think may interest you based upon your browsing history, including surveys, promotions, contests, ads or offers tailored to you;
- To comply with laws and regulations;
- To prevent fraud and enhance security;
- To contact you via email, telephone, or postal service; and
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (that does not identify any individual user) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
We may receive information from cookies, log file information, web beacons or other information tracking tools and use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content and advertisements, and improve the quality of our Services. You may disable cookies or other information tracking tools if you would like. Certain modern browsers have the ability to activate a “Do Not Track” signal. Bestow does not currently respond to the “Do Not Track” signal.
How we may share your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Insurance companies and their administrators, vendors, agents and third party service providers, that provide services related to underwriting, issuing and servicing insurance policies;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, which may include billing, payments, background check services, service fulfillment, web hosting or providing analytic services;
- Insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud;
- Consumer reporting agencies as permitted by law;
- Third party marketers, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about browsing behavior from users to our Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology;
- Other parties you chose to share data or communicate with through our Service;
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as Bestow;
- State insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement agencies if required by law, to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities; and
- Other parties if ordered by a subpoena or court order.
We may also combine or strip data of all personally identifying information and may share that anonymous data with third parties, such as organizations conducting actuarial research or audits.
Your choices about your information
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by unsubscribing to those communications.
We will keep your information as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you with Services, or as required by law. You may view and update your personal information through your account settings. If you believe that information on your account is inaccurate, you may request that we correct the information, subject to applicable law, by contacting us.
Keeping your information safe
We use physical, electronic and procedural security measures designed to safeguard your information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Bestow does not knowingly collect any information from anyone under the age of 20 or knowingly allow them to register as Users. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a person under age 20, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Links to other web sites and services
We may provide links to websites that are owned or operated by other companies. When you use a link to visit a third-party website, you will be subject to that website’s privacy and security practices, which may differ from ours. Bestow is not responsible for the content, privacy or security of these third party websites
How to contact us